New LDC CoreTools Enhancements: Academic Standards
We know how central standards are to your work. Based on feedback from the LDC Community of Practice, we have made these significant improvements to the way teachers can work with academic standards across LDC CoreTools, which will improve your ability to design modules and mini-tasks with standards in mind:
- Users are now prompted to define the state in which they teach in their profile. LDC CoreTools will then provide the appropriate college and career readiness literacy standards and additional academic standards.
- Users now have the ability to identify all standards they are targeting in a module even if they haven’t yet begun designing the module’s teaching task.
- Searching for and identifying standards for a module or mini-task now takes place in one unified interface instead of in two different ones.
- A module’s focus standards can now be set while identifying standards in addition to anytime after adding standards to a module.
- Additional academic standards can now be identified for mini-tasks.
- A module’s standards can now be rearranged via drag-and-drop so that users have maximum flexibility for specifying the order in which standards display in a module.
- “Anchor” standards for Common Core are now available by selecting “anchor” in the grade-level filter within the “Add Standards” interface.
- Common Core standards are no longer automatically built-in or suggested for users.
We continue working to improve your ability to design instruction around your standards. If you can’t find the standards you need or if any standards are inaccurate, click “Can’t find a standard?” under “Additional Academic” in the “Add Standards” interface. You can report to us any standards-related problems there, and you can also create “Custom Standards” as needed until we can address your concern.
As always, we’re eager to learn from our users’ experiences, so don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to further enhancing this feature based on your feedback!